Celebrating the Legacy of Sidney Copoloff
It is with deep pride and respect that we honor Sidney Morris Copoloff, our company’s Founder, who followed his dream and built a company based on the principals of family values and trust .
Born on November 18, 1935, he was part of the generation called the ‘silent generation’, a visionary, hard-working and family-oriented.
Sid was a devoted husband, father, father-in-law, grandfather, brother and brother-in-law, and took great pride in his entire family, colleagues and friends.
We unite in honoring the exemplary life of an entrepreneur and pioneer. Sidney was most dedicated, passionate and determined to improve people’s lives as his greatest joy was making others happy.
Sid, known in the industry as a renegade, paving the way for a channel of distribution between insurance advisors and insurance carriers to work together, offering a choice of product by building a network across Canada. This led to the start of what became the model and is still known today as the Managing General Agency (MGA) created in 1964.
A true man of integrity and honor who was deeply respected and admired. With an infectious smile and genuine warmth, Sid was a father figure and mentor to so many.
We will always remember Sid, a gentle-man, who left a huge impact in our hearts. His influence lives on and we will maintain his strong values of integrity, dignity and the importance of a handshake.
Sid is deeply missed and leaves a legacy of humility, ingenuity, perseverance, and an appreciation of a life well lived.
“I did it my way”
FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS
– About 35-40 years ago I was introduced to Sid by Leonard Kurland who, had been doing business with Sid for some time. It was immediately apparent that Sid was a special guy: intelligent, creative, professional, honest and zany. He always made me feel welcome-which was a special blessing he conferred on everyone. how could anyone not look forward to visiting CIA and having a lengthy yak and laugh with Sid? We have lost a wonderful man whose legacy of warmth lives on.
– Sid will always be remembered for being a one of a kind true mensch. A man with a warm heart, a huge smile, a joke to tell, always had time to lend an ear and offer his help – a true gem.
– Sid made an impact on all that knew him and left an incredible legacy, he will always be remembered.
– Sidney was a dynasty in the industry. He was an innovator in business practices, which he developed with integrity and respect. For me personally he was a booster in my career accomplishments. Always a handshake, a smile, and a welcome.
– Ever since I can remember, Copoloff Insurance Agencies, has been so highly respected in the insurance business and Sidney Copoloff was equally respected as a person! He had this way, that when he greeted you, you just felt important! It was always wonderful to “visit” although it was for “business” it was always more than that. It was that special feeling that management all cared and therefore you could just sense that employees were happy and helping too. Sidney did create a special legacy that is rare today!
– Our relationship goes back more than 40 years. Sid was a wonderful friend and partner in business. He was among the finest persons we have ever met. We will miss him dearly. We know that you will have fond memories of Sid and know that he has left a legacy for the next generation
– Syd was a friend, co- worker and inspiration.
– I knew Sidney for about 40 years through our affiliation in the insurance industry. He was a mentor to me in many ways, especially in my formative years in my career, and I will always be grateful that our lives intertwined. He was always kind and while sometimes “tough”, he was always fair and helped me in more ways than I can count. I feel his loss and I will miss him. May his memory be for a blessing.
– I will never forget Sid, and all his kindness to me over many years. He was a friend, to me and the industry he loved. He paved the way for many to follow. An icon. To the whole family, you have so many memories of a great man. Dwell on those.
– Sid was a legend in this business as an agent and MGA. I met Sid, I believe about 1976 and have had a connection with his agency for many years. So many ”Memories and Life Experiences”.
A Life well Lived and will be Remembered with Respect.
– Cet homme spécial qui aime vraiment les gens, les courtiers. J’ai eu le privilège de côtoyer M Copoloff, très humble, humain, bon . Toujours il me demandait comment vont tes et qu’est ce qu’on peut faire pour t’aider? Nous avons perdus un grand mentor .
– He was a true visionary who brought heart and soul to the insurance industry, and he will be greatly missed.