13 Oct MARCH 2017
INDUSTRY NEWS – MARCH 2017
LIFE & LIVING BENEFITS
Every two reference periods (every four years), three of the PDUs a representative must accumulate in the subjects of compliance with standards, ethics and business conduct must be obtained during a training activity developed by the CSF and offered by it or in partnership with it.
- March 9th WEBINAR Smart Advisors.Smart Insurance.Bundling Made Easy! Register HERE
- 5 great reasons to choose BMO Insurance for your next UL sale – more HERE
- 7 great reasons to choose BMO Insurance for your next CI sale – more HERE
- Start the conversation TODAY … Estate Planning from BMO Insurance – more HERE
- Introducing the BMO Insurance Health Advocate™ Plan. An innovative and comprehensive assistance services package designed exclusively for eligible BMO Insurance policyholders (Plan Members) – confidential and simple to access. details HERE
- High-end, Simplified issue disability insurance – details HERE
- March NEWSLINK – HERE
- Bill S-201: An Act to prohibit and prevent genetic discrimination will come into effect early April 2017. This new law contains penalties for non-compliance, including fines of up to $1 million and/or imprisonment for up to five years. The Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association (CLHIA) has indicated it is reviewing the impact this Bill is expected to have on consumers and is considering its options in light of Parliament’s decision. Until the new Act takes effect, we’ll continue to adhere to the longstanding Industry Code on Genetic Testing Information for Insurance Underwriting, which has been in effect since the early 1980s. Compliance requires that an insurer not ask a proposed insured to undergo genetic testing.
You may receive questions about what these changes will mean for your clients, you may send them to GeneticTestingCL@canadalife.com
- Disability and critical illness insurance product overview brochure updated – details HERE
- Advanced Sales Article – The capital dividend account – more HERE
- www.criticaluncovered.com Share this site with your clients, they will uncover the facts! Watch this compelling video
- New brochure for Adult and Child LifeAdvance critical illness definitions – get it HERE
- Improved access to Best Doctors for critical illness policies – more HERE
- Family 20-year fixed term insurance – details HERE
Renewable as 10-year term to age 85 | Convertible up to age 70 | Total Loss of Autonomy Benefit | Dissociation provision | Complete range of riders available
- Insight March 7 | March 21
- Revised: CLHIA Reference Document HERE
- Introducing EstateMax 8 Pay & Optimax Wealth 8 Pay, details HERE.
- Effective immediately, the Underwriting team has improved the smoker definition for CI Protect Plus – it will be using the same definition as life products. Read information circular 2017-02 for more details.
- Reduction in QC premiuim Tax – Update March 29, 2017 : Tuesday March 28, the Quebec Minister of Finance tabled the 2017 budget, wherein the premium tax for Quebec residents is extended. As a result, the reduction stated below will be postponed to April 1, 2022. Details HERE
- VIDEO Telus Insure app – click HERE
Easier to use, more efficient and intuitive interface | Works on all devices, including tablets and iPad | A faster signature process, allows for digital signatures on the pages required
Webinar session for the electronic application:
Tuesday, March 21st from 1pm to 2pm – click here to register | Tuesday, March 28th from 1pm to 2pm – click here to register
- Introducing Manulife Vitality – Live Health. Earn Rewards. Save Money. details HERE | Watch the video HERE
|Check out the Copoloff Calendar HERE|
- New funds now available in BMO GIF 100/100 – Read more
- Update: New Sales of Generations (Core I and II) Seg Funds to end March 17, 2017 – details HERE
- The power of compound interest and why “save early, save often” is a great strategy for long-term investment goals
watch the video HERE.
- Investment Illustrator has been updated featuring Class Plus 2.1.Version 2.6 of the illustrator is now available. Details HERE
- Emblem GIF Portfolios deliver tactical asset management, transparency and downside protection. Discover how Emblem brings together the art and science of investing. details HERE
- The 2017 Federal Budget Summary is now available. Developed by the Tax, Retirement & Estate Planning Services Team, this piece highlights changes delivered by the Liberal government on March 22, 2017. To access the 2017 Federal Budget Summary, please click HERE
- Effective Friday, March 10, 2017, changes will be made to the investment options within the Manulife Private Investment Pools – MPIP Segregated Pools, Manulife RetirementPlusTM, GIF Select, GIF Select (original), GIF and GIF encore, CAP, MLIA, MLIP and Series R contracts. Details HERE
- Revised: CLHIA Reference Document – get it HERE
- Changes to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Regulations – details HERE
- NEW: Advisor Disclosure Coming soon – please destroy previous copies and use the one on our compliance page.
- The MANDATORY COMPLIANCE course offered by the Chambre is now availabe (French only) details HERE